Monday, January 10, 2011

My First Act

Hey! So excited about my first act of kindess this year. Really, its not anything crazy like ridding a small country of its national debt (although kudos to you if you did today!) my bank account really cant handle that quite yet. It was really quite small, but whoa did it make me feel good! I was at Einstein Bagels in Plantation this morning with a business associate of mine. She was so sweet to buy my bagel and coffee today. Not knowing her situation, I really didn't want to make her go out of her way to do that since I already had my trusty debit card whipped out and ready to charge. But she refused to let me pay. HMMM.... it made me think of this site! Duh! What a simple little act, it made my day! To show my appreciation. I went right ahead and looked at the lady behind me and told the guy behind the register to let me pay for whatever she was having.( For a minute, I held my breath and said a little prayer, hoping she wasn't ordering the entire left side of the menu) She was so surprised by it she kinda made a scene. Not a biggie I told her.

 It was secretly satisfying to see the shock in her eys that YES! there are nice people in the world.  A bit later, she came over and thanked me again, letting me know she learned something important today. I told her it was no big deal, and she left with a nice big smile on her face. Totally made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment